Recipe by cookiedog
I just watched Paula make this on TV. They look delicious! I reduced the sugar from 1 cup (personal preference) You can use other flavored pie fillings in place of the blueberry or even fresh fruit.
Top Review by Karabea
Wow! Delicious! I got this recipe from Paula Deen a while back, and just got around to making them. I found that the vanilla wafers did not fit perfectly into the bottom of the cupcake liners, so I decided to crush them and layer crushed vanilla wafer crumbs across the bottom. These are delicious and oh so cute!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with blueberry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.