Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
DELICIOUS tart that is not only beautiful but is pretty easy to make. Recipe adapted from Debbie Fields', Great American Desserts.
- In a bowl combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the crust over the bottom and along the sides of the pan to form an even crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon peel in a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon filling onto the prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until filling is firm.
- Remove tart from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Over a medium low heat, melt red currant jelly until liquified. Remove from heat and pour over rinsed, picked over blueberries. Combine well to coat berries.
- Spoon berries over the filling, cool for 15-20 minutes prior to refrigerating for at least 2 hours.