Recipe by Julesong
An easy and tasty Sunday morning breakfast you make the night before! From the White Lace Inn, Sturgeon Bay, Door County, Wisconsin.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
This is a great recipe for that "special breakfast". I used frozen blueberries as fresh are not yet in season. Make sure you let it set (I would suggest 10-15 minutes) or it will not look pretty when you serve it. This is one french toast that doesn't need any of that bottled syrup.
- 1 loaf white bread, no crusts
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1419.54 ml fresh blueberries or 1419.54 ml frozen blueberries, rinsed
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 7 eggs
- 354.88 ml milk
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut white bread into cubes and place into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread.
- Microwave cream cheese in bowl for 2 minutes.
- Stir carefully and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 teaspoons vanilla.
- Spread over blueberries.
- Cut French bread into 10-1 inch thick slices, place over cream cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, half&half, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered, then uncover for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let set before slicing.
- Sift powdered sugar over before serving.