An easy and tasty Sunday morning breakfast you make the night before! From the White Lace Inn, Sturgeon Bay, Door County, Wisconsin.
- 1 loaf white bread, no crusts
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread
- 6 cups fresh blueberries or 6 cups frozen blueberries, rinsed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Cut white bread into cubes and place into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread.
- Microwave cream cheese in bowl for 2 minutes.
- Stir carefully and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 teaspoons vanilla.
- Spread over blueberries.
- Cut French bread into 10-1 inch thick slices, place over cream cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, half&half, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered, then uncover for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let set before slicing.
- Sift powdered sugar over before serving.