Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
this is wonderful...
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- Preheat oven to oven to 375*.Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixer bowl, beat the eggs at high speed until lemon colored.
- gradually add the sugar a tblespoon at a time, beating constantly; add the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to slow and add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, beating only until blended.
- add the hot water all at once and beat to a smooth batter.
- Line a 15x10" jelly roll pan with wax paper and grease.
- Spread the batter evenly over the pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cake is golden and springs back when you touch it lightly with your finger.
- Loosen the cake carefuly from the sides of the pan with spatula. Sift powdered sugar over the cake, cover with a dish towel. Peel off the wax paper and quickly trim off the crisp edges with a sharp knife.
- Beginning at short end, roll the cake and towel together into a firm roll.
- cool on a rack while you prepare the filling.
- in a mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese with the milk until smooth -- and fluffy.set aside.
- in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, and salt.
- place a strainer over the pan and drain the juice from the blueberries into the mixture, setting the berries aside.
- cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, lemon juice and mace.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.chill.
- carefully unroll the cake and spread the cream cheese mixture thinly over the entire surface.
- Spread the blueberry mixture over the cream cheese to within 1/2" of the edges, and reroll the cake.
- place the roll, seam side down on a rectangular tray and refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.
- cut into 1" slices and serve.