Recipe by dylanfan
I am not sure where this recipe came from, but it is my absolute favorite! It even beats chocolate! Beware - the smell will torture you as you're waiting!
Top Review by J Ayers
Incredibly dense and moist. Now this is what an old fashioned pound cake should be! Just like the ones I remember at all the bake sales and at Grandmother's. Used fresh blueberries and the zest and juice of a lemon. Will definitely keep this recipe and use it throughout blueberry season! Thanks for such a great recipe with so much old fashioned flavor and fantastic texture.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add the flour, one-cup at a time, beating well after each cup.
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts; beat well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, and then turn the temperature down to 325 degrees F and bake for another 55 minutes.
- Test the cake, and bake a little longer if needed.