Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick stovetop version that uses a baked pie shell.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- 2 cups blueberries, plus
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped cream (optional)
- Spread softened cream cheese unto bottom of pie shell.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir until dissolved.
- Combine 2 cups of berries, cornstarch liquid, sugar, butter and lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for one minute stirring constantly.
- Let cool slightly.
- Pour into pie shell and let cool.
- Top with more fresh berries.
- Serve with whipped cream.
So that I don't have to submit almost the same recipe, I am rating this one based on my mothers version which includes the same ingredients except the butter. Some ingredients in different measurement. I will definitely try this version also as I think the addition of more blueberries on top is a nice touch altho all mine are frozen now.