Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
You could probably get away with using a premade graham cracker crust recipe for this one, though I'm a sucker for good pie crust. Try my All Butter Pie Crust (Pastry) recipe!
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked & cooled
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks are formed
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (typically from one lemon)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small mixing bowl, beat soft cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla until smooth. Mix in half of whipped cream until thoroughly combined, then fold in remaining cream very gently. Spread evenly into pie shell. (You may refrigerate while cooking berries.).
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice with a whisk until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook and stir berries for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, then spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Note: The first time I made this, I thought I'd save time and made the blueberry mixture the night before. Bad idea. It wouldn't spread nearly as smoothly as you'd expect a nice pie filling to--stayed kind of clumpy, even after I gently reheated it.
This pie was super easy and so good! I followed it exactly and used a graham cracker crust. It was so much better than a regular blueberry pie! Thank you for the great recipe.