Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy and moist.
Make and share this Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss blueberries with about 2 tablespoons flour and set aside.
- Combine remaining flour with the other dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs, then flour mixture, butter and milk and mix until just moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan immediately.
A couple of suggestions for this recipe. 1) Use paper or foil muffin liners and spray them with cooking spray (Pam or store brand) before putting the batter in the muffin tin. The liners peel best after the muffins have cooled a little bit, but don't cool in the muffin tin. 2) Flouring the berries is a great idea. 3) I add a little cinnamon & a pinch of ground nutmeg. 4) Lemon always complements blueberry sweets. Hope this helps someone.
Yum! I love blueberry muffins. I used fat free cream cheese and omitted the lemon juice because I was was out. I also sprinkled raw sugar on each muffin prior to baking to get a nice crunchy top. I froze the extras and have been taking them to work for breakfast. I will definitely be making these again.
These are not your usual blueberry muffin - the cream cheese raises it up a notch. However, I find that these are best when they're warm - either fresh out of the oven or warmed up a bit in the microwave. They had an odd texture and bland flavour when cold. I also added a bit of vanilla to the batter and sprinkled the top with a dusting of cinnamon and sugar.