Recipe by Kim127
Yummy and moist.
Top Review by npp3512007
A couple of suggestions for this recipe. 1) Use paper or foil muffin liners and spray them with cooking spray (Pam or store brand) before putting the batter in the muffin tin. The liners peel best after the muffins have cooled a little bit, but don't cool in the muffin tin. 2) Flouring the berries is a great idea. 3) I add a little cinnamon & a pinch of ground nutmeg. 4) Lemon always complements blueberry sweets. Hope this helps someone.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss blueberries with about 2 tablespoons flour and set aside.
- Combine remaining flour with the other dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs, then flour mixture, butter and milk and mix until just moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan immediately.