Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tried it but had to have it. Also from about.com (Southern Cuisine section)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter, hot, about 175
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 12 paper baking cups
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°.
- Line the cups of a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well; set aside.
- Using metal blade in food processor, process cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla in food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs and process 15 seconds. Scrape down side of container with a spatula.
- With processor running, pour hot melted butter through food chute gradually, but within 10 seconds. Process another 10 seconds.
- Add milk and process 5 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients to container and mix with 4 to 6 half-second pulses.
- Add blueberries and fold in with a spoon.
- Pour an equal amount of batter into each muffin cup, filling each about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes.