Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is from Pillsbury, and these are absolutely fabulous! You could try using a different pie filling. I have tried this with canned pie filling and had perfect results.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, can use frozen
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands flaky layers refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoons lemon peel. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In 2-qt. saucepan, mix 3/4 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries. Reduce heat to low. Cover, cook about 10 minutes or until mixture returns to a boil. Stir in 1 teaspoons lemon peel and 1 tablespoons lemon juice. Add remaining blueberries; stir gently. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese filling ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Split each biscuit in half to make 16 rounds. Press 1 biscuit round into each of the 16 ungreased regular-size muffin cups. Spoon 1 tablespoons cream cheese filling and 2 tablespoons blueberry filling into each biscuit-lined cup. Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoons Streusel (cups will be full).
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes before serving.