Recipe by megan_obermeyer
this is a delicious, easy, healthy and protein packed breakfast or snack that i hope you will love as much as i do! If you are counting calories, this delicious and generous serving only has about 300 calories!
Top Review by haven't the slightest
I've been making a similar recipe for years now. I cook the oatmeal in the microwave, then add cottage cheese (or yogurt), berries, splenda and sometimes vanilla extract. It's a delicious morning pick me up.
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use Splenda)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water, lemon juice, Splenda and blueberries in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until the blueberries form a nice syrup consistency, remember to keep stirring so it doesn't burn!
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon and cream cheese until combined.
- Lastly, stir in the cottage cheese and mix just until the curds start to melt. Enjoy your bowl of cream cheese danish tasting goodness!