Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is a delicious, easy, healthy and protein packed breakfast or snack that i hope you will love as much as i do! If you are counting calories, this delicious and generous serving only has about 300 calories!
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use Splenda)
- Place the water, lemon juice, Splenda and blueberries in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until the blueberries form a nice syrup consistency, remember to keep stirring so it doesn't burn!
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon and cream cheese until combined.
- Lastly, stir in the cottage cheese and mix just until the curds start to melt. Enjoy your bowl of cream cheese danish tasting goodness!
I've been making a similar recipe for years now. I cook the oatmeal in the microwave, then add cottage cheese (or yogurt), berries, splenda and sometimes vanilla extract. It's a delicious morning pick me up.
I gave this recipe 4 stars. My 8 yr old niece and 7 yr old newphew really liked this oatmeal. They gave it 2 thumbs up. Their only complaint was it tasted like cottage cheese after got cold. I really liked this oatmeal it tasted really good. When I made this oatmeal I doubled the recipe. I also took the advice and used Splenda for the sugar. It seemed to take forever to get it to the syrup part. I didn't get a syrup until I added the cinnamon this after I turned the heat down as directed then I had to turn the heat back up. I did use frozen blueberries so maybe that is why. I stirred in my cream cheese first to get it to melt. I also used quick oats for the oatmeal as I like them best for oatmeal. This mixture got very thick then I added the cottage cheese which moistened it right back up. I did cook my oatmeal a bit on low to melt the cottage cheese up a bit. Overall this was so good and I will make this again for sure! I may try adding some protein powder next time to bump my protein even more. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
I made this with strawbs instaed of blueberries. It was nice but perhaps a little too creamy for me. I would use less of the cheeses if I made again.