Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Do we love blueberries! I am not much of a dessert chef, but I sure can whip up a good bread pudding...and this one is one of our favorites. Cooks Notes: You can use "fat-free" half-and-half and "reduced-fat" cream cheese and it still is wonderful.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray 2 qt shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar in bowl until light colored; add vanilla and orange peel.
- Add half-and-half; mix well.
- Place bread in baking dish; top with half of blueberries. Combine cream cheese and 2 T sugar; mix well.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by teaspoonfuls over blueberries and bread; sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
- Pour egg mixture over blueberries and bread. Wait 5 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve warm.