1/2 Photos of Blueberry Cream Cheese Braided Loaf
1 hr 10 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
A quick and easy braided breakfast loaf. Great for overnight guests or your family. --NOTE-- Prep time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- 3Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 4Add egg yolk and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and beat well; set aside.
- 5Remove breadstick dough from can.
- 6Unroll and separate dough into two rectangles.
- 7Place dough rectangles side by side on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Press seams together to seal the two rectangles and down the center of the dough.
- 9Spoon cream cheese mixture onto the center of the dough.
- 10Wash, drain and dry blueberries.
- 11Sprinkle blueberries over cream cheese mixture.
- 12Separate dough at perforations up to the cream cheese mixtures, slightly stretching dough strips.
- 13Beginning at top edge of dough, braid strips to cover filling.
- 14Tuck the last two ends under at the bottom of loaf.
- 15In a small bowl, meat egg white and water with a fork until blended to form an egg wash.
- 16Bush egg wash over braided loaf.
- 17Bake about 20 minutes.
- 18Cool about 30-45 minutes on baking sheet.
- 19In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of confectioners' sugar and orange juice; whisk until smooth.
- 20Drizzle glaze over braided loaf before serving.
- 21For best presentation, slice with an electric knife or a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cream Cheese Braided Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough