Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on cooks.com. It's good for those trying to get more protein.
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional) or 2 tablespoons equivalent sugar substitute (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- Use a fork to blend the cottage cheese and egg together. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; stir to combine.
- Add milk and stir lightly, then gently stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into 10 muffin cups and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.
Light and fluffy ... Loved this recipe! I doubled it and added a bit more cottage cheese ... Because I had it. Very moist and tasty, not too sweet.
I added a teaspoon of Mexican vanilla for added flavor. I like that they are filling and not going to make me want to eat the whole batch @once. Mine also only made 9 muffins, the one I ate was 45 g. Thank you for inventing healthy-ish muffins. My next attempt will be cranberry with some lemon or lime juice/zest.
Great muffins, used about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, just to use up what I had. Used whole milk-- that's what I had, and baked at 400 for 20min. Light and delicious!