Recipe by blucoat
I found this recipe on cooks.com. It's good for those trying to get more protein.
Top Review by Jessica K.
Ran out of eggs, so I whipped up some chia eggs (1 tbsp flax or chia + 3 tbsp water = 1 egg). It worked out great and loved these muffins due to the lower amount of sugar than most recipes!
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional) or 2 tablespoons equivalent sugar substitute (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a fork to blend the cottage cheese and egg together. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; stir to combine.
- Add milk and stir lightly, then gently stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into 10 muffin cups and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.