Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of the South.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, butter, and eggs; add to flour mixture; stirring just until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among cups of prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
this recipe makes the kind of muffins with flat tops. this makes it near impossible to get them outta the pan in one piece. the flavor is only so-so. the brown sugar could be cut with some white.