1 hr 10 mins
Wonderful bread pudding recipe for breakfast or anytime really. Great use for left over cornbread. The bread is not too sweet and lends itself nicely to the buttery maple syrup topping. It's best if it is served warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml cornbread
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream
- 29.58 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries
Buttery Maple Syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour an 8x8 baking pan. I use Baker's Joy spray.
- 3Crumble 4 cups of leftover cornbread into a large bowl.
- 4In another medium size bowl whisk eggs.
- 5Add cream, vanilla and sugar to eggs.
- 6Whisk until well blended.
- 7Pour the egg mixture into the bowl containing the crumbled cornbread.
- 8Stir together until well blended,.
- 9Gently stir in blueberries.
- 10Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- 11Pour into 8x8 pan.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour or until golden brown.
- 13When it is done, a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Serve warm, drizzled with buttery maple syrup.
- 15Buttery Maple Syrup:.
- 16In a small saucepan gently warm syrup with butter just until butter is melted (Do NOT boil). Drizzle over warm bread.
- 17**This bread is only slightly sweet due to the maple syrup topping. If you don't want to use the syrup topping you can increase the amount of sugar to your liking.
- 18**This recipe is best made with fresh berries. However, if you are using frozen berries please add them to the mixture frozen and not thawed. This keeps the juice "inside" the berries and keeps the bread mixture from turning blue.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cornbread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.1
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 149.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: