Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This turned out great, going to make into muffins next time
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 354.88 ml sifted flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml milk or 354.88 ml non-dairy coffee creamer
- 2 beaten eggs
- 59.14 ml melted butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 9 pan.
- In a large bowl combine the corn meal, flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix to combine and then add the milk, eggs and melted butter and mix well taking care not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can, if you prefer, make this recipe as muffins.
I was about to post a similar recipe but no need to now! My recipe says to serve with honey butter (2 tsp. melted butter with 1/4 cup honey)! Thanks for posting.
Delicious cornbread Dancer. What a lovely treat this was. I made it in little cake molds, they turned out beautifully, and looked so pretty. The taste and texture of this cornbread is wonderful. It is a semi sweet, dense bread with excellant flavor and is good served warm or cold. Thanks so much for sharing. i will be making this again and again.