Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from a calendar that I picked up at Wal-Mart. It is the recipe for the month of June 2006. Berries have so many health benefits and this is another great way of adding more of them in your diet.
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jicama
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the corn kernels, onion, vinegar, honey and chopped pepper.
- Stir in salt and cardamom and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and cook, uncovered over medium heat for 4 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly, stir in jicama.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving, gently stir in rinsed blueberries and enjoy.