Recipe by ellie_
Delicious corn muffins when blueberries are in season (or use frozen when out of season for a taste of summer). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1984)
Top Review by Baby Kato
We really enjoyed these blueberry muffins ellie. I halved the recipe and it made 6 beautiful muffins. After reading the other reviews, I used 1/8 cup of cornmeal, 1/2 cup of white flour and 1/4 cup of cornflour, it worked well. I must honestly say that the muffins didn't hang around long enough to get dry. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Rookies Tag.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Grease 12 muffin tins or use paper liners.
- Mix first 5 ingredients (flour- salt) in a large bowl.
- Stir in blueberries In a small bowl beat egg, buttermilk and butter together with a fork.
- Add egg/milk/butter mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.