Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice muffin to start the day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh, rinsed and dried
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Generously grease 12 muffin cups or line with papers.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture.
- Blend with a wooden spoon until a moist, lumpy batter is formed.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to complete cooling.