Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crunchy aromatic cornmeal with frozen blueberries (available year-round) provide great afternoon snack or early am pre-beachcombing breakfast. Nutmeg & lime give nice kick to berries.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 key limes, juice and zest of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups thawed drained blueberries (or more)
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease & flour, using cornmeal, a 12 muffin tin. Tap out excess cornmeal.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Mix together butter, egg, honey, sugar, vanilla & Buttermilk.
- Add wet to dry & mix just to blend.
- Fold in the drained blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake 25 minutes, until golden brown on edges. Cool on wire rack or serve hot.
These were SO good :) I didn't have blueberries so I made them with huckleberries. Very tasty recipe! Thanks so much!
Very good and a delish way to use up buttermilk and cornmealt (I have 3 containers!) The only change I made was using 2 regular limes and cupcake papers. We got 24 muffins! Thanks for sharing!