Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies make a nice bakery item to give as gifts to family and friends.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar, add well beaten egg and lemon flavoring.
- Add milk alternately with the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in blueberries and drop 1 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 375°F.
These are like little blueberry muffins but in a cookie. I took these to work and my 2 co-workers couldn't get enough of them. Thanks for another great recipe Miss Annie.
I had some problems with the recipe - First it said to mix the dry ingredients together, but the only "dry" ones were flour and sugar, and the sugar gets creamed with the butter, so I was wondering if there was supposed to be something like baking powder. Then step 2 said to add well beaten egg, but there weren't any eggs listed above, so I assumed 1 egg. Then I started wondering if something happened to the recipe and it was missing a couple of ingredients. I mixed everything listed and the egg, and it seemed awfully stiff when I went to fold in blueberries. Does this seem right? Maybe someone can tell me if it's missing something? They tasted ok, but I don't think anyone but me will be eating them in my house.