Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I haven't tried this yet but I love blueberries. And these sound yummy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture until just blended. Gently fold in blueberries, pecans and lemon rind until blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.