Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe adapted from Crisco. Important to make sure your berries are thoroughly dried.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and the sugars; and lemon peel and eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients and milk; beat well.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Drop by spoonfulls on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375ºF for 10 to 12 minutes.
Last weekend I went to Cheesecake Factory with a friend, and I brought home a slice of blueberry cheesecake with a layer of white chocolate on the top for the BF. When I stole a bite from him later, I started searching for blueberry recipes. I made these cookies topped with a white chocolate frosting recipe: Recipe #371651 (Rich White Frosting). I am full right now from eating so many! These cookies are unbelievably delicious, and the BF's roomies are all drawn down to his kitchen by the wonderful smell. Thanks so much!
This is wonderful!.. my whole family enjoyed these cookies. I do not like sweets, but this, with the blueberries and the lemon zest, is right up my alley! I think this would be perfect for a brundch or a tea party. Just wonderful!! Thanks!