Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This receipe came out of many different attempts to make a healthier coffee cake. Enjoy!
Make and share this Blueberry Coffee Cake-You Won't Even Know That It's Healthy! recipe from Food.com.
- 295.73 ml whole wheat pastry flour (sifted)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 egg whites
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml low-fat margarine (Smart Balance spread)
- 14.79 ml flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 9"x9" pan with Smart Balance spread.
- 2. Mix dry ingredients separately.
- 3. Mix together eggs, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest.
- 4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- 5. Spread mixture into pan and top with blueberries.
- 6, Sprinkle topping mixture on top of blueberries.
- 7. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Yum!
This is a very tasty, and healthy, coffee cake. It is nice and moist, too. I felt good about serving this to my family. Thanks for posting! ~Made for the Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef~
What a lovely cake this made Oregon Cook, my dh was in cake heaven. He loves blueberries and this was perfect for him. I didn't feel bad when he took a huge piece. The coffee cake was quick and easy to make, not too sweet with an interesting chewy texture. Made exactly as written, using frozen wild blueberries. I made this for the Fall Pac Orphanage 2011.