This receipe came out of many different attempts to make a healthier coffee cake. Enjoy!
Make and share this Blueberry Coffee Cake-You Won't Even Know That It's Healthy! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat margarine (Smart Balance spread)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 9"x9" pan with Smart Balance spread.
- 2. Mix dry ingredients separately.
- 3. Mix together eggs, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest.
- 4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- 5. Spread mixture into pan and top with blueberries.
- 6, Sprinkle topping mixture on top of blueberries.
- 7. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Yum!