Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This receipe came out of many different attempts to make a healthier coffee cake. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat margarine (Smart Balance spread)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 9"x9" pan with Smart Balance spread.
- 2. Mix dry ingredients separately.
- 3. Mix together eggs, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest.
- 4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- 5. Spread mixture into pan and top with blueberries.
- 6, Sprinkle topping mixture on top of blueberries.
- 7. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Yum!
This is a very tasty, and healthy, coffee cake. It is nice and moist, too. I felt good about serving this to my family. Thanks for posting! ~Made for the Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef~
What a lovely cake this made Oregon Cook, my dh was in cake heaven. He loves blueberries and this was perfect for him. I didn't feel bad when he took a huge piece. The coffee cake was quick and easy to make, not too sweet with an interesting chewy texture. Made exactly as written, using frozen wild blueberries. I made this for the Fall Pac Orphanage 2011.