1/3 Photos of Blueberry Coffee Cake With Vanilla Glaze
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (preferably canola)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, lightly coated with flour
- 1Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- 2In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, and eggs, using an electric mixer on medium speed, for about 3 minutes or until light and thick.
- 4Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth.
- 5Fold in the blueberries.
- 6Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- 7Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 8Let cake cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- 9Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 10To make the glaze: In the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water, combine the sugar, cream, and vanilla.
- 11Stir mixture for about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 12Pour into a glass measuring cup and cover until ready to use.
- 13When the cake is completely cooled--drizzle glaze over cake.
- 14Let glaze set for 1 hour before slicing and serving the cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Coffee Cake With Vanilla Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (1451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4411.9
- Calories from Fat 1899
- Total Fat 211.0 g
- Saturated Fat 55.3 g
- Cholesterol 569.1 mg
- Sodium 3371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 590.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 370.4 g
- Protein 50.4 g