My mother's recipe; a quick and crumbly coffee cake perfect for any occasion.
Make and share this Blueberry Coffee Cake With Lemon Icing recipe from Food.com.
- Beat together eggs, oil and sugar. Stir in salt, baking powder and flour, but do not overmix!
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into a well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Spread blueberry jam (or any other type of jam. I've also used baby food and cranberry sauce for this) over batter.
- Top with remaining batter, and bake at 350°F until a toothpick can be inserted and withdrawn cleanly.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes; meanwhile:.
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan, and pour icing over to top.