Recipe by rliang
This recipe is based on Ina Garner recipe from Food Network with a few changes for added flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners in muffin tin.
- In a large bowl Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes with a mixer on medium speed.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time.
- Then, add the vanilla,yogurt, and milk.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl using a spatula mix 2 cups of blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and use a wooden spoon to mix together until just combined . . .
- Fold in the 2 cups of blueberries and lemon zest with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.but do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans , using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup.
- Top each muffin with two blueberries from 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.