Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Barefoot Contessa
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces about 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over for stems
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 16 paper liners in muffin pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed.
- Fold in the bluebeerries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.