Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This coffee cake is loaded with blueberries and has a great streusel topping. This recipe came from the McCormick website.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F For the Streusel Topping, mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- For the Cake, beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl; add alternately with milk to butter mixture.
- Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into greased and floured 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack.