Recipe by Julie B's Hive
I'm always on the lookout for blueberry recipes to use up some of my wild Maine blueberries. This one was found on the net, unfortunately I don't remember the site.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup firm butter (1/2 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, milk, egg and 1 cup blueberries. Beat thoroughly for 30 seconds and spread in a greased round 9x1-1/2-inch pan or an 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Sprinkle over batter and top with the remaining berries. Bake in a 375F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until done. Don't overbake.