Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home Magazine. Everytime I make this, someone requests the recipe! The original recipe (as I've entered it here) says to bake it in two 9-inch round pans, but I find it works better (and cuts up easier) in two regular loaf pans. Also, coating the blueberries with a dusting of flour before folding them into the batter will ensure that they do not all fall to the bottom of the cake. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. Enjoy!
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.