1/1 Photo of Blueberry Coconut Coffee Cake
Adapted from Quick Cooking. I tried this delicious recipe and wrote in capital letters across the page "Excellent!" I rediscovered this yummy recipe again today as I was digging through my recipe box searching for fall favorites. The recipe originally called for shortening, but I prefer the rich flavor or real unsalted butter. Since this recipe makes 2 cakes, you can leave the coconut off the second if you want one plain. I often freeze the second cake after baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- 2Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, then add to the flour mixture, stirring just enough to moisten the ingredients (overmixing will make a tough cake).
- 4Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 5Pour batter into two greased round 9" baking pans.
- 6Sprinkle evenly with coconut.
- 7Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean when poked near the center of cake.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Coconut Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g