I combined two good similar recipes in this excellent one to prepare a really good blueberry cobbler bread like muffins in a loaf that want to share here. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (or use Splenda Blend)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (or use frozen blueberries)
- TOPPING: mix together melted butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and chopped walnuts. Mix all ingredients until crumbly and set aside.
- Line the bottom of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the center and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract; add to the well in dry ingredients. Stir just until batter is moistened.
- Carefully stir in 1 tablespoon flour into the blueberries, then fold the blueberries and lemon peel into the batter mixture.
- Place the topping mixture onto the top of the bread batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees. For 60 to 75 minutes, until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf. Cool blueberry bread in pan on a rack.
- NOTE: for best flavor, wrap and store overnight; or refrigerate wrapped for 2 days, or freeze for 2 weeks.