Recipe by Leona
I got this recipe from a very old eagle brand advertising recipe (out of granny's recipe book). I am a sucker for cobbler and love this recipe!
Top Review by CrystalA
This is really, really good. I mean it just came out of the oven and I have already ate half the pan! I didnt have any condensed milk so I made the homemade kind using recipe#14062. The cobbler had just the right amount of sweetness to it. It taste like a warm gooey blueberry muffin. Thanks so much for the recipe.
- 1 pint blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I prefer Eagle Brand)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine (cold)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (cold, in addition to above)
- 2 cups biscuit mix, divided (I prefer Jiffy)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (any will do, I prefer almonds)
- vanilla ice cream (for topping) (optional)
- blueberry sauce (for topping) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine blueberries, condensed milk, and lemon peel in bowl.
- In large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 1/2 cups biscut mix until crumbly; add blueberry mixture.
- Spread in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining biscuit mix and brown sugar; cut in remaining butter until crumbly.
- Add nuts, sprinkle over cobbler.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and blueberry sauce.