Recipe by mersaydees
From Every Day with Rachel Ray, November/December 2005 issue. This is attributed to Stefanie Maloney.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces (6 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare an 8x8x2-inch baking dish by coating with butter.
- Mix the blueberries with 1/3 cup of the sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Spoon into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 ½ cups of flour with 3 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives until it resembles coarse meal. Add the milk and vanilla and stir with a fork to form a wet, sticky dough. Drop teaspoon-sized dollops of the dough over the top of the blueberries to cover them. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of the cobbler and place the baking dish on the middle rack of the oven. Tip: line the rack below with aluminum foil to catch any drips during the baking cycle. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown and the fruit filling is bubbling up through the crust.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.