Top Review by mybirdzone
I chose this recipe for the cake like topping. The blueberry part of the recipe was great and exactly what I wanted but the batter was way too dense and cakey. In defense of the recipe, I tripled the recipe and the measurements were a little tricky with fractions so perhaps it was all my error. Will try this recipe again and recommend you try it as well.
- 2 2⁄3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed, if frozen
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 large egg, beaten
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan; add blueberries, lemon juice, lemon peel, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Place in 4-cup baking dish.
- To make cobbler topping: Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, remaining cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon cobbler topping over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.