This is one of my many beloved recipes from Jane Brody's Good Food Book. I have made this during blueberry season for many, many years. You can add up to a cup of sugar, depending on your desired level of sweetness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combline flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk and mix well into a smooth batter.
- Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart baking dish in microwave on high for one minute.
- Pour batter into melted butter.
- Add blueberries on top of batter. (Do not stir.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
I've made several blueberry cobblers but this is my favorite - it is tasty and not so fattening, what a wonderful way to use blueberries (and peaches, I added peaches to mine, too)! I also added extra sugar to my cobbler.
I made this on 7/6/08 for the "Cobblers,Pies,and Tarts Event" in the Cooking Photos Forum.And this was also made for mine and SO's dessert.Also I must say this is the first bluberry cobbler I've ever made.After reading the review from Carrol J., I decided to add another half cup of sugar. Even though I found it to be sweet enough, my SO thought it wasn't as sweet as some other cobblers he has eaten.This was very easy to make and will be made again. Thank you for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
I really liked this cobbler. I added about 3/4 of a cup of sugar and found this to be so tasty. It would be excellent with ice cream. Thanks.