Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious cobbler for a summer dessert.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, combine blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt, then add to butter mixture and alternately with milk.
- Pour hot blueberry mixture into a buttered 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Spoon batter on top of berries.
- Bake in 375F oven about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream.