Recipe by pedspeech
After cooking, the berries in this dessert become very much like a can of blueberry pie filling. The crust forms on top and is a little crispy where the sugar hardens. Very good when warm!
- 2 -3 cups blueberries
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread blueberries in the bottom of a 8X12 inch pan and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Pour this mixture over the blueberries.
- Mix remaining sugar, cornstarch and salt in bowl and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour boiling water over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.