This delicious cobbler has a fairly thin crust on top, plus a struesel topping. If you can't get fresh blueberries, frozen should work fine. I love it served hot, with vanilla ice cream.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of (grated peel of 1 lemon)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In an 8 inch square baking dish, mix blueberries, 3 tbsp sugar, orange juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are combined.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture; try to cover as much of filling as possible.
- Mix together Bisquick, brown sugar, 2 tbsp butter and chopped pecans with a fork (will be crumbly).
- Sprinkle evenly over the crust mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.