Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Fresh blueberries and whipped cream on a rice krispie crust. From taste of home, sent in by Denise Heatwole. She suggests making two at a time because they go quickly.
- 1 1⁄4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (3 ounce) package berry blue gelatin mix
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups fresh blueberries
- additional fresh blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium until melted. Stir in cereal. With greased hands (I use a buttered piece of cling wrap, much easier) press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in berries and 3 cups into gelatin mixture. Pour into crust. Refrigerate pie and remaining whipped cream up to 4 hours. Garnish with reserved cream and blueberries. Prep and cooking time include chilling.