Recipe by Dee Coonhound
A delicious dessert with a nut crust. I got this recipe from a 4th grade student, Austin, at the school where I work part-time as a lunch aid. He had made it for a creative homework assignment and offered me some. After my second serving I had to ask him to take it away before I ate the whole thing. He told me he got the recipe from his grandma, so she and he get credit from me for this great dessrt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, mix chopped walnuts, flour and butter together and press into a 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and let cool completely.
- While the crust is baking, make the blueberry toppping. In a medium saucepan on medium heat cook blueberries, sugar and water until the berries are soft(about 15 minutes for fresh berries and 10 minutes for frozen). Mix the cornstarch with 3 Tablespoons of water in small bowl to dissolve and slowly mix into berry mixture. Stir constantly while cooking until it thickens. Then cool completely.
- While these cool, make your filling. Beat creamcheese and suger until fluffy. Then stir in Cool Whip. Mix well.
- Spread filling over cooled crust and add cooled berry topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preparation time includes cooling in refrigerater.