Recipe by DaniLane
From Food Networks Dave Lieberman. Really easy and inexpensive to make. Is a great dessert or a decadant breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 pints blueberries
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 pinch fine salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place blueberries in the bottom of a small rectangular glass pan (about 8 by 10 inches).
- In a medium bowl, crack eggs and whisk lightly. Add sugar and continue whisking until mixture thickens and is pale yellow. Add milk and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add flour and whisk to combine. Add a pinch of fine salt and whisk to incorporate. Pour mixture over berries.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven until the clafouti has puffed and the center bounces back when lightly pressed, about 45 minutes, rotating once.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting. Slice into 8 equal pieces and gently remove from pan with a spatula or cake server. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.