Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A light dessert from the Live Longer Cookbook. I've done this one time only and used fresh blueberries. Please read PaulaG's review before attempting to use frozen berries.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat6 the oven to 375°. In a medium size bowl, combine the blueberries with 2 tbsp of the granulated sugar and let stand while preparing the batter.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl the remaining granulated sugar, milk, flour, eggs, orange rind, vanilla and cinnamon for 30 seconds or until smooth. Or put all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and stir until just blended.
- Lightly grease a 9-in pie plate and arrange the blueberries on the bottom. Spread the batter evenly over the blueberries and bake for 35-40 or until puffed and lightly golden. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serves 4-6.
Blueberrylicious!!!! This is delicious! I did use frozen blueberries, but the trick is to leave them alone, don't rinse!!! The berries stayed beautifully at the top. The crust was halfway between a custard and a pate chou. I also used two teaspoons of orange juice instead of orange rind. The vanilla, blueberries and cinnamon made the house smell soo good. Made for ZWT5
very easy dessert! Made this with my grand-daughter, in her butterfly-shaped muffin tin (Xmas pressie) They only took 10 mins to cook, and the 2 kids loved them! Didnt use the ring, not usually a fan, but I think it would be nice with rind and orange liquor instead of vanilla. MIne set evenly throughout, and wasnt like scrambled egg. thanks for an easy keeper! aussie swap dec 09
This is my first time making a clafouti and I LOVE how easy it is. The flavour of this was really nice - I wish I had had an orange on hand because I had to skip the rind. I'm not sure about the consistancy - like someone else said, it was a little like scrambled egg on top. Maybe I should have cooked it longer. Will keep experimenting to make that custard/batter set better. Thanks...at the end of the day it was a nice dessert, and pretty healthy to boot.