1/2 Photos of Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Mommie's Note:
A recipe From Southern Living. Did not see a recipe like this on zaar, in my search. Prep time does not include rising times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 7.08 g dry yeast
- 59.14 ml warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml butter (softened) or 29.58 ml margarine (softened)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1Combine 1/4 cup milk, sugar, salt, and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan; heat until butter melts.
- 2Cool to 105 degrees to 115 degrees. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in milk mixture, 1-1/2 cups flour, and egg; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- 4Stir in remaining 3/4 cup flour. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes).
- 5Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 1 hour (dough will not quite double in bulk).
- 7Punch dough down; turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 8Roll dough into a 12- x 8-inch rectangle; spread with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 9Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle mixture over rectangle.
- 10Sprinkle with blueberries.
- 11Roll dough jellyroll fashion, starting at long side.
- 12Pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends).
- 13Cut roll into 1-inch slices; place slices, cut side down, in greased 8-inch square pan.
- 14Brush tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Using a fork, gently lift center of rolls to form a peak.
- 15Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, about 40 minutes (rolls will not double in bulk).
- 16Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 17Combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk, stirring well.
- 18Drizzle over warm rolls.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g