Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Recipe Girl!
Make and share this Blueberry- Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Stir together oats, brown sugar, and ½ teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla. Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and remaining ½ teaspoons cinnamon; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops or golden. Cool muffins in pans for 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
These muffins were absolutely delicious. Not too sweet. Mine did brown when I let them bake all 20 mins. I will make these alot!!! Lucylu
Lovely light muffins that could even be called fluffy. I made 6 and cut the Splenda I used to 1/4 cup in place of the 1/2 ask for. For me, it was the perfect amount. Quick and easy to make too. The only thing I had a "problem" with was that the tops refused to brown. That might be because of the topping or the Splenda. Either way, it didn't trouble me greatly, they baked very evenly throughout the muffins and taste wonderful. :D