From Recipe Girl!
Make and share this Blueberry- Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Stir together oats, brown sugar, and ½ teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla. Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and remaining ½ teaspoons cinnamon; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops or golden. Cool muffins in pans for 5 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.